Support Quick Links
Call tech support:800-345-6572 (M-F, 8a -5p EST)
Frequently Asked Questions
Radiator Stop Leak Concentrate (p/n 1196)Download PDF
- Can Bar’s Leaks® Radiator Stop Leak be installed in existing antifreeze coolant?
Yes, Bar’s Leaks works with all types and colors of antifreeze coolant and/or water.
- Will it work in the new extended life antifreeze?
Yes, Bar’s Leaks Radiator Stop Leak works with all types and colors of antifreeze coolant and/or water.
- Do I need to drain my cooling system after using Bar’s Leaks?
No, this product is designed to be left in the cooling system to protect from future leaks and overheating.
- How long does it take to see results?
We recommend you drive/idle the vehicle for 15 to 30 minutes. In most cases the leak will be sealed instantly, but others will require up to 30 minutes. If the leak is not sealed in 30 minutes, a second application may be required or mechanical repair may be needed.
- Will Bar’s Leaks plug my heater core?
No, Bar’s Leaks® Radiator Stop Leak will not clog a clean heater core. Note: If using Bar’s Leaks® to stop heater core leaks, make sure you turn your heater control to HOT. Some vehicles have a valve that controls coolant flow through the core and is only opened in the HOT position.
- What are the dosage recommendations?
Use one bottle for regular size cooling systems; this covers most 6, 8 and 10 cylinder engines. Use ½ bottle for four cylinder engines. One bottle treats up to 4 gallons. For larger systems use 1 bottle for every 4 gallons of capacity.
- Can I install Bar’s Leaks in my overflow reservoir?
Yes, if direct access to the radiator cap is not available, install in overflow tank.
- I accidentally added Bar’s Leaks into my gas tank, what should I do?
Bar’s Leaks is only designed to be added to the cooling system. If the product is accidentally installed in the gas tank, the tank should be removed and cleaned out by a professional mechanic.
- The bottle froze before I was able to use it, what can I do?
If the bottle did not break from freezing, just let the product thaw out, shake well, and use as normal.