Support Quick Links
Call tech support:800-345-6572 (M-F, 8a -5p EST)
Frequently Asked Questions
Transmission Repair (p/n 1400)Download PDF
- How does Bar’s Leaks Transmission Repair work?
After time, transmission seals tend to dry out and shrink and internal parts become worn. Bar’s Leaks Transmission Repair reduces rough shifting and friction, while eliminating slip, controlling temperature, and repairing shudder, chatter and whining. Premium high mileage formula restores transmission performance.
- Will Bar’s Leaks Transmission Repair work in all types of transmission fluid?
Yes, Bar’s Leaks Transmission Repair is formulated to work in all types of transmission fluid. Use in regular automatic or manual transmissions. Do not use in CVT transmissions.
- How much do I install?
One bottle of Bar’s Leaks Transmission Repair, 16 oz. part number 1400, treats 8 to 12 quarts of transmission fluid.
- If first application does not completely stop my problem, may I add another bottle?
In transmissions with seriously damaged components a second treatment may be required. In this case, it is suggested that the transmission fluid and filter be changed and a second application of Transmission Repair be added.
- If I install more than the required amount, will it work faster or better?
No, we have formulated our product to work best at the suggested dosage amount.
- How long does it take to start working?
Bar’s Leaks Transmission Repair starts working the minute you install and start driving the vehicle. You will usually see results in about 100 miles or two (2) days of driving.
- Can I add to my existing transmission fluid?
Yes, follow these steps:
- Remove transmission dipstick and check fluid level. For most vehicles this is usually done while the engine is running and the transmission is in Park. Tip: The transmission dipstick is usually located near the engine of dipstick but further back into the engine compartment. Some vehicles do not have a normal dipstick. For those, the product has to be added to the transmission through a fill plug. Consult owner’s manual for location.
- If fluid is low, pour entire contents of the two chamber bottle into the dipstick tube. Do NOT overfill Tip: If necessary, to prevent overfill, drain some fluid from transmission.
- Check fluid level again. Top off with manufacturer’s recommended transmission fluids as needed.
- Replace dipstick and drive 10 to 15 minutes to circulate fluid.
- Can Bar’s Leaks Transmission Repair be used in a standard (manual) transmission?
Yes, you can use this product to help stop leaks in a manual transmission as long as it uses an automatic type transmission fluid. Use ½ the bottle for most applications.